Sunday, February 19, 2012

Error - Attempted to read or write protected memory

Hi,

I am back with one more problem..

I have created few reports using SSRS 2005. I am using Oracle database in Data Source to fetch my data. It is working fine and showing me report correctly. But after running the report 8 to 10 times, it starts giving me Memory error. To get rid of that, I need to recycle (stop-start) ReportingService from IIS.

I am exactly getting following error...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

I am not getting the actual problem, why is it giving memory error only after running few times? Please let me know if anyone facing same problem or knowing the solution for the problem.

Thanks,

HMaheta

Dear HMaheta,

Check the DTC (Distributed Transaction Coordinator) service. It should be set up to to start automatically.

HTH,

Suprotim Agarwal

|||

Hi Suprotim,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked for the DTC. It is running on the server and also marked for auto start up.

Is there any other thing, which I am missing?

Thanks,

HMaheta

No comments:

Post a Comment