Sunday, February 19, 2012

Error - Connection object

Hi,

I am using Windows 2003, IIS 6.0 as my application server. Database resides in another server.

My application uses DSN connection. When I test the connection through ODBC it says "test completed successfully", but when I try to connect from Application through connection string it throws an error saying

ADODB.Command error '800a0bb9'

Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.

Following is the connection string I am using in Global.asa file

Session("focus_ConnectionString") = "DSN=;DRIVER={SQL Server};UID=;PWD=;APP=Microsoft (R) Developer Studio;WSID=;DATABASE="

Here I am using

DSN = myDSN Name, UID and PWD (provided to me), WSID=myAppservername, Database=myDBName.

Please respond if one has a solution.

Can you try this see whether it helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197323/EN-US/

No comments:

Post a Comment