Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error (bug?) when hiding subtotals in Report Builder report from AS2005 cube

I consequently get an error

message in Report Builder (version 9.0.2047.0) when I make a report

without subtotals when I have the Key attribute of a dimension in

combination with a measure.

The following Report is OK, but when I unselect Show Subtotals, I get an error message.
Date | Count Result
-
10-10-2003 | 200000
-
Total | 200000

The error message is:
For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors
-
Semantic query execution failed.
-
Query execution failed for data set 'dataSet'.
-
An error has occurred during report processing.

I

have tried experimenting with the GroupingBehaviour on

EncourageGrouping or DiscourageGrouping, but without success. I seem to

be the only one with this problem.

I am using Reporting Services 2005 in combination with Analysis Services 2005 (9.00.2153.00)

Because I don't know if the issue is related to Reporting Services or Analysis Services I posted in both forums.

This is probably Reporting Services problem.

Edward Melomed.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment