Friday, February 24, 2012

ERROR - The row value(s) updated or deleted either do not make the row unique or they alter

i am getting the above error on my database i have 2 rows with the same info on and another 2 with the same info on. example:

ID username password

1 bob bob

1 bob bob

1 john john

1 john john

I know this is a fault with ms sql 2005 however how do i fix it?

Ive found this link which explains everything but how do i start a query. I tried clicking on new query and copying the code. What is table1 meant to be? the database is dbl.tbl_admin. It wont find my database.

Im not sure how to do it anyway.

I need to change it though as its my admin password and Ive given it out to web design companys

http://geekswithblogs.net/allensb/archive/2006/07/27/86484.aspx

Can some 1 read the above page and give me full instructions, I dont know what im doing thanks

info@.uktattoostudios.co.uk

hi,

follow solution 3:

open (and download SQL Server Management Studio Express at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C243A5AE-4BD1-4E3D-94B8-5A0F62BF7796&displaylang=en) SQL Server Management Studio Express..

connect to the desired SQL Server instance... select "New Query".. in the database combo box select your database..

execute the

ALTER TABLE dbo.tbl_admin ADD TempID int IDENTITY(1, 1);

this will add a new unique column to tyou tbl_admin table, and this column is a valid alternate candidate key...

if you do not have a primary key defined in your table, execute

ALTER TABLE dbo.tbl_admin

ADD CONSTRAINT pk_tbl_admin

PRIMARY KEY (TempId);

this will generate a primary key based on the TempId column of your table..

you can then purge your duplicate data as desired/required...

regards

|||hi, thanks for that its sorted. the reason it didnt work before was I didnt choose a database for the query to work on. master was the default just change it to my database and your code worked fine. many thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment