Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error (Data mining): A catalog is not set for this session

I downloaded a copy of sql server and when I run the following query in the sql management studio after choosing new query , DMX I get the above error

CREATE MINING MODEL [NBSample]

(

CustomerKey LONG KEY,

Gender TEXT DISCRETE,

[Number Cars Owned] LONG DISCRETE,

[Bike Buyer] LONG DISCRETE PREDICT

)

Using Microsoft_Naive_Bayes

Also in the pane Mining Model I get the message No mining models found. The only error I get when I installed SQL server was a COM plus registration error. I am running Windows XP SP2. Can someone please help.

Vijay Mukhi

HOD Helios

Apoligies from the bottom of my heart. I was reading the tutorial in the middle of the night and did not create a database. After creating a database the above query works like a charm. I am using sql server to create an expert system for detecting malware. I tried dozens of neural network , bayesain network , SVM , etc products and believe sql server is far ahead. Sorry once again for the post.

Vijay Mukhi

Helios

No comments:

Post a Comment