Monday, March 26, 2012

error 17805; invalid buffer received from client

Seen this ?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
us;832977
Peter
"Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often"
Mark Twain

>--Original Message--
>I am trying to capture this error at its source. It is
very random and when
>using sql profiler I get too many rows that overload the
system. I simply
>want to catch the stored proc. (or T-sql statement) that
is causing this
>error. When I run sql profiler to only capture this
error that is fine but I
>in the TextData column I only get the error message,
again not the stored
>proc or statement that is causing this.
>Is there another way I should be running sql profiler?
Is there an error
>table that I can put a trigger on? ANY suggestions would
be appreciated.
>Thanks.
>.
>
yes, but I did not notice the link to the sp_blocker_pss80 before. This
still gives me too much information (and will quickly fill up my hard drive)
when I just want to capture the event that is causing this. I will double
check but I'm pretty sure we are not using the utilities that are mentioned
in those articles.
Thanks anyway for you help.
"Peter The Spate" wrote:

> Seen this ?
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;832977
> Peter
> "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often"
> Mark Twain
>
> very random and when
> system. I simply
> is causing this
> error that is fine but I
> again not the stored
> Is there an error
> be appreciated.
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment