Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error 18483 while configuring distributor

I want to setup a publisher, distributor and subscriber on the same machine.
While configuring my distributor using Wizard, I received the following
error:
Error 18483: Could not connect to server 'HONB" because "distributor_admin"
is not defined as a remote login at the server.
I am using SQL Server Developer version and "HONB" is my computer name. Can
someone tell what I have mis-configed?
This is usually a naming issue.
Try:
Use Master
go
Select @.@.Servername
This should return your current server name but if it
returns NULL then try:
Use Master
go
Sp_DropServer 'Server1'
GO
Use Master
go
Sp_Addserver 'Server1', 'local'
GO
Stop and Start SQL Services
If this is not the issue, but you are working across non-trusted doamins
there is the same error, so you might want to have a look at his article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321822.
Regards,
Paul Ibison
|||I tried to run the sql, the servername is ok.
I read articale, but it seems not related to my problem, since I want to
setup the replication on a single machine.
Is it related to sql server agent? I am using system account as the startup
account in Sql server agent.
"Paul Ibison" <Paul.Ibison@.Pygmalion.Com> bl
news:Oocp%23YwKEHA.4052@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl g...
> This is usually a naming issue.
> Try:
> Use Master
> go
> Select @.@.Servername
> This should return your current server name but if it
> returns NULL then try:
> Use Master
> go
> Sp_DropServer 'Server1'
> GO
> Use Master
> go
> Sp_Addserver 'Server1', 'local'
> GO
> Stop and Start SQL Services
> If this is not the issue, but you are working across non-trusted doamins
> there is the same error, so you might want to have a look at his article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321822.
> Regards,
> Paul Ibison
>
|||The system account is OK if it is all done on the same box.
You might be able to use sp_remoteoption and sp_addremotelogin to fix the
issue.
HTH,
Paul Ibison
|||can you remove replication, and then re-install it.
"gh" <ghghghgh@.FSAF.COM> wrote in message
news:uinEcarKEHA.1388@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I want to setup a publisher, distributor and subscriber on the same
machine.
> While configuring my distributor using Wizard, I received the following
> error:
> Error 18483: Could not connect to server 'HONB" because
"distributor_admin"
> is not defined as a remote login at the server.
> I am using SQL Server Developer version and "HONB" is my computer name.
Can
> someone tell what I have mis-configed?
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment