Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error 18456 - ODBC connection failed for domain user account

I have a user that her domain user account is failing to access a sql server
database while another persons domain account with the same permission to th
e
database works just fine. I remote into the workstation and test the odbc
connection with my user account and it worked just fine. Any help.
I am getting this message below
Connection failed Sql state 28000 error 18456 microsoft odbc connection
login failed for user bhcs/connie'Aboki,
This should be a straight-forward error that means: bhcs/connie has no right
to login on the server.
Check to be sure: the login is the proper one (not one spelled almost the
same), that connie was not denied login, etc.
RLF
"Aboki" <Aboki@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4C4AD587-76B4-498F-9D1A-99ED809F7294@.microsoft.com...
>I have a user that her domain user account is failing to access a sql
>server
> database while another persons domain account with the same permission to
> the
> database works just fine. I remote into the workstation and test the odbc
> connection with my user account and it worked just fine. Any help.
> I am getting this message below
> Connection failed Sql state 28000 error 18456 microsoft odbc connection
> login failed for user bhcs/connie'

No comments:

Post a Comment