Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error 18456 - Connecting via DSN

Hi,
My MS Access application needs to connect to a SQL server via a system
dsn. However, I keep getting the error 18456 - Login failed for user 'xxxx'.
The surprising bit is I am able to use the same password and user id and
connect to the server using Enterprise Manager. Any ideas on why the dsn is
throwing this error? Connection is via SQL authentication.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Rgds,
San
Any success with this? I'm having the exact same problem. I was doing
some permissions stuff the other day so I'm sure I hosed something up.
goosesr
Posted via http://www.codecomments.com
|||Yeah, I was able to resolve the issue by updating the links in Access. Right
click on the link table, select Link Table Manager, select, promt for new
location,a nd on ok, select the DSN again...
Hope it works for you too !
~San
"goosesr" wrote:

> Any success with this? I'm having the exact same problem. I was doing
> some permissions stuff the other day so I'm sure I hosed something up.
>
> --
> goosesr
> Posted via http://www.codecomments.com
>

No comments:

Post a Comment