Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error 18456 - domain admins only users that can authenticate

Server 2003
SQL 2000 SP3a
I have my server set up and my ODBC client configured. When I log in as
myself, as a domain admin, I can set my authentication to Windows (in my
ODBC), when I log on as a Domain Users, I cannot.
I get and error 18456. My server properties show SQL Server and Windows
authentication is allowed and there is no semi-colon in my password. What
security setting am I missing to allow my domain users to authenticate via
Windows authentication?
TIAHi,
Did you gave domain OS user access to SQL Server?
If not; open Enterprise manager and use Security option to add the Domain
user/group to SQL Server.
Thanks
Hari
SQL Server MVP
"dsb" <dsb@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F7A3CA7A-1012-4673-8CDF-9B4B66583A3A@.microsoft.com...
> Server 2003
> SQL 2000 SP3a
> I have my server set up and my ODBC client configured. When I log in as
> myself, as a domain admin, I can set my authentication to Windows (in my
> ODBC), when I log on as a Domain Users, I cannot.
> I get and error 18456. My server properties show SQL Server and Windows
> authentication is allowed and there is no semi-colon in my password. What
> security setting am I missing to allow my domain users to authenticate via
> Windows authentication?
> TIA

No comments:

Post a Comment