Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error 18456" error message when you specify configuration database

I appreciate if some one please help me to solve the following problem
SYMPTOMS
I am runnning the Setup program to install Microsoft Windows SharePoint
Services. After the Setup program is completed successfully, I configure
Windows SharePoint Services settings in SharePoint Central Administration. I
then specify configuration database settings on the Set Configuration
Database Server page of SharePoint Central Administration, and then I click
OK. Then, I receive one of the following error messages:
"Error 18456" error message when you specify configuration database settings
on the Set Configuration Database Server page of SharePoint Central
Administrator"
I have gone through the article on
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889646&FR=1 but it does not help me out.
Please let me know if some one came across this problem & i could solve it
with your support
Thanks in advance
RegardsError 18456
Severity Level 14
Message Text
Login failed for user '%ls'.
Make sure that the user you specified is correct and has the correct password.
Regards
--
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"Yakoob" wrote:
> I appreciate if some one please help me to solve the following problem
>
> SYMPTOMS
> I am runnning the Setup program to install Microsoft Windows SharePoint
> Services. After the Setup program is completed successfully, I configure
> Windows SharePoint Services settings in SharePoint Central Administration. I
> then specify configuration database settings on the Set Configuration
> Database Server page of SharePoint Central Administration, and then I click
> OK. Then, I receive one of the following error messages:
> "Error 18456" error message when you specify configuration database settings
> on the Set Configuration Database Server page of SharePoint Central
> Administrator"
> I have gone through the article on
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889646&FR=1 but it does not help me out.
> Please let me know if some one came across this problem & i could solve it
> with your support
> Thanks in advance
> Regards|||Here it is not asking for any user, In database connection type, i have using
the option "user windows authentication" so i dont know which account its
going to use here to create the database.
Please help me out
Thanks
"Mike Epprecht (SQL MVP)" wrote:
> Error 18456
> Severity Level 14
> Message Text
> Login failed for user '%ls'.
>
> Make sure that the user you specified is correct and has the correct password.
> Regards
> --
> Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
> Zurich, Switzerland
> MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
>
> "Yakoob" wrote:
> > I appreciate if some one please help me to solve the following problem
> >
> >
> > SYMPTOMS
> >
> > I am runnning the Setup program to install Microsoft Windows SharePoint
> > Services. After the Setup program is completed successfully, I configure
> > Windows SharePoint Services settings in SharePoint Central Administration. I
> > then specify configuration database settings on the Set Configuration
> > Database Server page of SharePoint Central Administration, and then I click
> > OK. Then, I receive one of the following error messages:
> > "Error 18456" error message when you specify configuration database settings
> > on the Set Configuration Database Server page of SharePoint Central
> > Administrator"
> >
> > I have gone through the article on
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889646&FR=1 but it does not help me out.
> > Please let me know if some one came across this problem & i could solve it
> > with your support
> > Thanks in advance
> > Regards|||It's probably [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE]. You should be able to see the
error in the SQL Error log (Open SQL Enterprise Manager and connect to the
SQL Server instance in question and navigate to Management>SQL Server Logs)
--
HTH
Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)
http://www.sqldbatips.com
I support PASS - the definitive, global
community for SQL Server professionals -
http://www.sqlpass.org
"Yakoob" <Yakoob@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D91EF3D6-7AE4-4707-9F60-FEEFB797B771@.microsoft.com...
> Here it is not asking for any user, In database connection type, i have
> using
> the option "user windows authentication" so i dont know which account its
> going to use here to create the database.
> Please help me out
> Thanks
> "Mike Epprecht (SQL MVP)" wrote:
>> Error 18456
>> Severity Level 14
>> Message Text
>> Login failed for user '%ls'.
>>
>> Make sure that the user you specified is correct and has the correct
>> password.
>> Regards
>> --
>> Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
>> Zurich, Switzerland
>> MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
>>
>> "Yakoob" wrote:
>> > I appreciate if some one please help me to solve the following problem
>> >
>> >
>> > SYMPTOMS
>> >
>> > I am runnning the Setup program to install Microsoft Windows SharePoint
>> > Services. After the Setup program is completed successfully, I
>> > configure
>> > Windows SharePoint Services settings in SharePoint Central
>> > Administration. I
>> > then specify configuration database settings on the Set Configuration
>> > Database Server page of SharePoint Central Administration, and then I
>> > click
>> > OK. Then, I receive one of the following error messages:
>> > "Error 18456" error message when you specify configuration database
>> > settings
>> > on the Set Configuration Database Server page of SharePoint Central
>> > Administrator"
>> >
>> > I have gone through the article on
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889646&FR=1 but it does not help me
>> > out.
>> > Please let me know if some one came across this problem & i could solve
>> > it
>> > with your support
>> > Thanks in advance
>> > Regards|||Thanks for your reply, yes i understand that it iw using NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK
SERVICE, but even this i didn't find in SQL server logs as you have
mentioned. If i have to check for correct password then where? because i am
not providing here any password during "set configuration database server". I
am selecting the following options which is mandatory as per installation
guide for MS project 2003 server.
1. Database server = "i give sql server name"
2. SQL server database name = "database name as sharepointdb"
3. selected the option "use windows authentication
4. then last option " users already have domain accounts. Do not creat
active directory accounts.
I dont see any NT AUTHORITY account in active directory to give permission
for database create or to see for its password, please let me know
Thanks & Regards
"Jasper Smith" wrote:
> It's probably [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE]. You should be able to see the
> error in the SQL Error log (Open SQL Enterprise Manager and connect to the
> SQL Server instance in question and navigate to Management>SQL Server Logs)
> --
> HTH
> Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)
> http://www.sqldbatips.com
> I support PASS - the definitive, global
> community for SQL Server professionals -
> http://www.sqlpass.org
> "Yakoob" <Yakoob@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D91EF3D6-7AE4-4707-9F60-FEEFB797B771@.microsoft.com...
> > Here it is not asking for any user, In database connection type, i have
> > using
> > the option "user windows authentication" so i dont know which account its
> > going to use here to create the database.
> > Please help me out
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Mike Epprecht (SQL MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Error 18456
> >> Severity Level 14
> >> Message Text
> >> Login failed for user '%ls'.
> >>
> >>
> >> Make sure that the user you specified is correct and has the correct
> >> password.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> --
> >> Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
> >> Zurich, Switzerland
> >>
> >> MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> >>
> >> Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "Yakoob" wrote:
> >>
> >> > I appreciate if some one please help me to solve the following problem
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > SYMPTOMS
> >> >
> >> > I am runnning the Setup program to install Microsoft Windows SharePoint
> >> > Services. After the Setup program is completed successfully, I
> >> > configure
> >> > Windows SharePoint Services settings in SharePoint Central
> >> > Administration. I
> >> > then specify configuration database settings on the Set Configuration
> >> > Database Server page of SharePoint Central Administration, and then I
> >> > click
> >> > OK. Then, I receive one of the following error messages:
> >> > "Error 18456" error message when you specify configuration database
> >> > settings
> >> > on the Set Configuration Database Server page of SharePoint Central
> >> > Administrator"
> >> >
> >> > I have gone through the article on
> >> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889646&FR=1 but it does not help me
> >> > out.
> >> > Please let me know if some one came across this problem & i could solve
> >> > it
> >> > with your support
> >> > Thanks in advance
> >> > Regards
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment