Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error 18452

I have created a user (calladmin2) of a database in SQL Server Enterprise
Manager. When I load SQL Query Analyzer and attempt to File->Connect using
this user name I get:
Msg. 18452, Level 16, State 1
Login failed for user 'calladmin2'. reason: Not associated with a trusted
SQL Server connection.
It appears that I cannot connect to this instance of SQL Server, and am not
even getting to the single database to which I gave this new user access
rights. Is this correct?
How do I create the 'trusted SQL Server connection' that SQL Server wants
for this new user calladmin2?
Many thanks.
Andrew,
Here is link to the article about troubleshooting connectivity issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;827422.
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
Associate Mentor
www.SolidQualityLearning.com
"Andrew Chalk" <achalk@.XXXmagnacartasoftware.com> wrote in message
news:eVdbwXjsEHA.2808@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> I have created a user (calladmin2) of a database in SQL Server Enterprise
> Manager. When I load SQL Query Analyzer and attempt to File->Connect using
> this user name I get:
> Msg. 18452, Level 16, State 1
> Login failed for user 'calladmin2'. reason: Not associated with a trusted
> SQL Server connection.
> It appears that I cannot connect to this instance of SQL Server, and am
not
> even getting to the single database to which I gave this new user access
> rights. Is this correct?
> How do I create the 'trusted SQL Server connection' that SQL Server wants
> for this new user calladmin2?
> Many thanks.
>
|||Thanks. That had the answer -- LoginMode in the registry.
- Andrew
"Dejan Sarka" <dejan_please_reply_to_newsgroups.sarka@.avtenta.si > wrote in
message news:%23CMFB4nsEHA.820@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Andrew,
> Here is link to the article about troubleshooting connectivity issues:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;827422.
> --
> Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
> Associate Mentor
> www.SolidQualityLearning.com
> "Andrew Chalk" <achalk@.XXXmagnacartasoftware.com> wrote in message
> news:eVdbwXjsEHA.2808@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
Enterprise[vbcol=seagreen]
using[vbcol=seagreen]
trusted[vbcol=seagreen]
> not
wants
>

No comments:

Post a Comment