Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error 18452

Hi,
If I connect to SQLServer Express via Windows Authentication it works fine. But if I use SQL Server Authentication it doesn't work with a new created user and sa (with a new password) too. I turned mixed mode on, registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Sql Server\MSSQL.1\\MSSQLServer\login has the value 2 and all ports are set to 1433 but there is still error 18452. Any suggestions?

Did you restart the server service ?

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.


http://www.sqlserver2005.de

|||Yes, severeal times.
|||I guess the system you configured and the system you are connecting to are tw different ones then.|||No, it's the same system and I have only this one in the moment.
|||

What is the exact error message that you are getting back? Take a look at the errorlog as well to see what message is logged there.

How are you trying to connect? If you're connecting through an application, make sure that you don't specify integrated authentication in the connection string.

Thanks
Laurentiu

|||Restarting the server process was not enough. I had to restart windows and now it works.
Thank you.
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment