Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error 1920. Service 'ReportServer' (ReportServer) failed to start

Hello, I cannot install Reporting Services Developer Version, at the end of
the setup I got a message like:
Error 1920. Service 'ReportServer' (ReportServer) failed to start. Verify
that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
I have SQL SP3a, IIS, .NET 2003 all in the same computer.
Just cannot find how to solve the problem, seems to be something with the
account used to start the service, but with neither the built in account, not
a computer admin account can continue. Have no problem creating the database,
just to start the service.
Help pleaseMy problem is solved; I think you only need to change the installation path
of RS during the setup, but the following are the steps I follow:
1. Uninstall RS
2. Clean all signs of RS in the registry, the service and components
Delete in the registry the entries in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\RS Rep..
Delete the service from the command prompt
sc delete ReportServer
Delete the components in Component Services in
the control panel Administrative Tools in the COM+ Applications for the ISS
3. Install RS in a different path
I install RS in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL ServerRS
Also i rename the services in the setup to MSReportService, MSReports for
the
IIS part.
I have Windows XP with all in one box; I use a domain account, for the
services
and for the SQL login.

No comments:

Post a Comment