Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error 1923 while installing SQL 2005 Express

This is from the event log

Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition -- Error 1923. Service 'SQL Server ()' () could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

I've tried uninstalling through control panel and various cleanup tools and tried reinstalling with no luck.

I'm logged on with a user that has full admin rights.

1923 is an RPC error that translates to "The specified profile entry could not be added." You'll need to search through the SQL Server Setup log files for more detail on what went wrong. Start by looking here and in the subdirectory:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG

Paul

|||I am having the same problem. Did you figure out a work around?

|||I have found NO answer to this question anywhere online. I got mine working last night here is what I did:
I was trying to install it on a VPS I only have licensing for one terminal server session and I noticed that earlier in the day my RDP connection had timed out and I was still logged in so I kicked the old connection uninstalled all instances of SQL and tried again. Guess what? it didn't work...lol So I uninstalled everything again and restarted the VPS and then it installed. I have no idea exactly what was wrong but that is how I solved it. Hope it helps someone else out.

No comments:

Post a Comment