Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error 18456" error message when you specify configuration database

I appreciate if some one please help me to solve the following problem
SYMPTOMS
I am runnning the Setup program to install Microsoft Windows SharePoint
Services. After the Setup program is completed successfully, I configure
Windows SharePoint Services settings in SharePoint Central Administration. I
then specify configuration database settings on the Set Configuration
Database Server page of SharePoint Central Administration, and then I click
OK. Then, I receive one of the following error messages:
"Error 18456" error message when you specify configuration database settings
on the Set Configuration Database Server page of SharePoint Central
Administrator"
I have gone through the article on
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889646&FR=1 but it does not help me out.
Please let me know if some one came across this problem & i could solve it
with your support
Thanks in advance
Regards
Error 18456
Severity Level 14
Message Text
Login failed for user '%ls'.
Make sure that the user you specified is correct and has the correct password.
Regards
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"Yakoob" wrote:

> I appreciate if some one please help me to solve the following problem
>
> SYMPTOMS
> I am runnning the Setup program to install Microsoft Windows SharePoint
> Services. After the Setup program is completed successfully, I configure
> Windows SharePoint Services settings in SharePoint Central Administration. I
> then specify configuration database settings on the Set Configuration
> Database Server page of SharePoint Central Administration, and then I click
> OK. Then, I receive one of the following error messages:
> "Error 18456" error message when you specify configuration database settings
> on the Set Configuration Database Server page of SharePoint Central
> Administrator"
> I have gone through the article on
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889646&FR=1 but it does not help me out.
> Please let me know if some one came across this problem & i could solve it
> with your support
> Thanks in advance
> Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment