Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error 17883 The Scheduler 0 appears to be hung

I get this message every time i try to take a backup. Both manually and via
the Scheduler. What is the problem?
--
Best wishesSee if these help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815056
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810885
-oj
"Mats" <Mats@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:289BEB45-7BDF-47DD-937F-0425DB689549@.microsoft.com...
>I get this message every time i try to take a backup. Both manually and via
> the Scheduler. What is the problem?
> --
> Best wishes|||Well I do not know. The funny thing is that I get the same message if I
reboot the system ansd take a manual backup. The system get stuck takes
almost all of the processor power. I have then to kill enterprise manager.
Then the process lies there with the backup and I can not kill it. It
diseappears only with reboot.The reboot at that time is also extremely
difficult you have to shut off by the power button as the whole machine is
stucked. I then see the message in the error log.
If I take the backup via the scheduler nothing happends it only adds
processes until next reboot and then I see the message.
The system ran fine for over a month and then this suddenly happened. The
machine by the way is a two processor Dell.
"oj" wrote:
> See if these help:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815056
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810885
>
> --
> -oj
>
> "Mats" <Mats@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:289BEB45-7BDF-47DD-937F-0425DB689549@.microsoft.com...
> >I get this message every time i try to take a backup. Both manually and via
> > the Scheduler. What is the problem?
> > --
> > Best wishes
>
>|||Backups should not spike your CPUs. My guess is that you have another
problem on this server and it's hanging SQL. You should engage MS support
and have them review 17883 minidumps. You need to be on build 818 (MS03-031
patch) or higher to generate good minidumps.
Adrian
"Mats" <Mats@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3EB13F27-EDF3-47E6-9CBB-94A8960CAC20@.microsoft.com...
> Well I do not know. The funny thing is that I get the same message if I
> reboot the system ansd take a manual backup. The system get stuck takes
> almost all of the processor power. I have then to kill enterprise manager.
> Then the process lies there with the backup and I can not kill it. It
> diseappears only with reboot.The reboot at that time is also extremely
> difficult you have to shut off by the power button as the whole machine is
> stucked. I then see the message in the error log.
> If I take the backup via the scheduler nothing happends it only adds
> processes until next reboot and then I see the message.
> The system ran fine for over a month and then this suddenly happened. The
> machine by the way is a two processor Dell.
> "oj" wrote:
>> See if these help:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815056
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810885
>>
>> --
>> -oj
>>
>> "Mats" <Mats@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:289BEB45-7BDF-47DD-937F-0425DB689549@.microsoft.com...
>> >I get this message every time i try to take a backup. Both manually and
>> >via
>> > the Scheduler. What is the problem?
>> > --
>> > Best wishes
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment